Monday, July 20, 2009

third grade.

Well blog friends, I am officially hired as a third grade teacher! I will be residing in my parent's new home in just a few short weeks and then begin learning the ropes of third grade in August. How exciting! I was honestly hoping for kindergarten or first grade job offer but a job is a job! And I am thrilled. I hope to post pictures of my new residence and classroom as soon as everything is presentable for blog world.

On the fashion front, I found three Lilly tops today at a consignment shop in MHC that I absolutely adore. Super excited. Headed to Raleigh tonight to move out some more things from Grant's parent's home and pick up my sister from the airport. She is returning from Belize!

Here is a picture of me from our recent "family vacation"...I put that phrase in quotes because our vacations to the mountains of North Carolina are typically the furthest away from what most folks would coin a vacation. We hike, dress up in kilts, wake up way too early to go to the Scottish games, and eat hurried meals.
But yes, we all went to the Grandfather Mountain Swinging Bridge and we all crossed it :)





16 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on the job!! You will love teaching!

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news on the job front! I taught 2nd and 3rd grades (my absolute favorite years!), and then moved on to high school. I'm now a mom working from home. I think you will really enjoy teaching 3rd grade-it's a wonderful age!

Congratulations!

A Southern Magnolia said...

Third grade is such fun! The students are still young enough to think the world of you and also old enough to be independent.

I used to teach third grade, but have since moved up to fifth grade. My favorite grades are third, fourth, and fifth!

Have a wonderful rest of the summer and best wishes for the new school year!

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

What a blessing that you have a job! I know that must be such a relief. My very favorite teacher was in the 3rd grade. She was very young like you and I thought she was the greatest lady in the world. I wanted to be just like her!

Looks like you had a great vacation. I've never been to the Highland games but I hope to go some day. Maybe next year :)

Prissy Southern Prep said...

Congratulations on the job!!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

And, I know I've asked you this before -- but who was in charge of making your blog so stinking cute?! I LOVE the way it looks!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for all of the best wishes :)

Prissy Southern Prep: My blog was designed by Ashley Williams of Great Grabbie Designs -- she did a great job!

Polka Dots & Protein Bars said...

Hip Hip Hooray!

CAC muffin said...

WHOOP WHOOP congrats on the job! So excited for you!

Kathleen said...

What clan are you a part of? Your kilt pattern looks awfully familiar! My family has gone to GMHG since 1994 and would stay with a family friend (MacLaren clan) who lives in Grandfather Golf & Country Club.

Unknown said...

Kathleen,

I am apart of Clan Henderson. We have been every year since 1991!

The MacLaren tartan does look very similar to ours. They have red in their pattern though. But what a small world because family friends of ours from my home town are also in the MacLaren clan and go every year. They stay in Linville and have two teenage girls and a 6 year old boy :)

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

Just found your darling blog! Congratulations on the job!

ms. mindless said...

congratulations on the job! kindergarten and first grade are wonderful, but i bet you will love third graders as well! you will be fabulous!

Cafe Fashionista said...

How exciting; congratulations on the teaching job! Third grade sounds like the perfect age to work with! :)

Anonymous said...

hi, Im a new follower =)
congrats on the new job!! and I just love grandfather mtn...when we lived in NC we would go there a lot and it was always so fun!!

Sesh said...

So excited for you!! I've been keeping up with you via your blog and I can't wait to hear whats next for you, doll.