Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Twirl and Spin...


Many of you might not know but for almost fifteen years, this southern sunshine was a ballerina. Not a fabulous one. But just a dancer who loved spending time in the studio with friends, learning ballet technique! I came to love performing and even taught a few classes. I have spent mannnnnny hours at Dance Arts Studio studying under wonderful teachers whom I miss dearly.

When I moved to Raleigh for school in 2005, no studio compared. Teachers didn't know me, I was in a room full of strangers, and it wasn't "home". Thus began my four year long stint of ballet/tap/jazz/pointe "less" life. Sad day, right?!

Fast forward to 2009 and I moved back home to teach in my home town. It didn't take much convincing for me to start dancing again with the "adult" class -- when I say adult, we were all pretty young and severa seniors that year danced with us. It was great fun! I even did pointe again!


Image by Bob Stuart Photography

So that inspired me and now, my friends, I took a ballet fitness class at the Y last night and it felt great! I hadn't done a tendu in almost a year and a half...my muscles are feeling it today. Any one else getting into a "new" hobby for 2012? I am so energized and can't wait to see how the rest of the year goes with this class.

Note: in ballet class, we don't use the phrases: twirl or spin. That title just sounds better than pirouette and chaîné... I think Mrs. Julie would have my head if I used twirl and spin...

Photobucket

3 comments:

LuvRedandWhite said...

I MISS my dance classes! I need to take some adult ones :)

Unknown said...

i have also been through dance classes when i was in 10th std
petsmart

Urducell said...

Very Nice Pics......